When I saw this recipe, 2 things made me want to make it:
1. Willie Nelson would know a good thing!
2. No butter, no oil, and no fats???
Could this really work?? Let me tell you guys this is the most delicious, moist banana bread bread I have eaten.
I did leave my banana’s out for a few days and I really think that may be the key in unlocking a good banana bread recipe!
It’s such a simple recipe and one, that has made me rethink butter in all my future recipes!!!!
Give it a go xxx
Love Ms Fat Booty Bakes
Willie Nelsons Famous Banana Bread (from everybody likes sandwich’s blog)
3 really ripe bananas, mashed
2 large eggs
1 1/2 c flour
1 1/4 c sugar (I use only 1 cup)
1 t baking soda
1 t vanilla
1 T cinnamon
1 c chocolate chips (I use only a 1/2 cup)
1/4 c sugar mixed with cinnamon
1. Mix bananas with eggs and stir well. Add flour, sugar, soda, vanilla, and cinnamon and mix well. Add 3/4 c of the chocolate chips into the batter.
2. Pour batter into a buttered square cake pan. Sprinkle with the cinnamon-sugar mix and the remaining chocolate chips.
3. Bake at 375 for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean.